Old 05-22-2018, 09:27 PM
Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator View Post
I cant fold mine up either.
You have to be smarter than the blind.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:02 PM
THE PLACE Member

I knew how to fold it up and had done it several times before, but for some reason it didn't want to that day. Bent rod, hub or something.

Either way, after 20-30 minutes in the drizzling rain and mud, I said eff this piece of shit and mangled it beyond recognition.

About as bad as the time that I cranked my Echo blower on the ground, cut it off, climbed up on the roof to blow leaves and the piece of shit wouldn't start, so I got so mad that I threw it off the roof onto the concrete driveway. It went into a bunch of pieces. I climbed down and went and bought a Stihl

I nearly threw a desktop out the window years ago when it wouldn't act right. I had the window open about to throw it down on the concrete when my wife came in and stopped me.

I used to have a slight temper

Last edited by Sixes : 05-22-2018 at 10:06 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:26 AM
THE PLACE Member

What about spring panel versus hub-style? Maybe they shake a lot if you bump it or it gets breezy?

Last edited by howl : 05-23-2018 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-24-2018, 02:05 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by howl View Post
What about spring panel versus hub-style? Maybe they shake a lot if you bump it or it gets breezy?
Mine was basically 4 big metal circles. I guess that's the "spring style." It would hold 6 inches of snow easy and the wind didn't budge it if the corners were tied down correctly. Spacious and comfy. I did however have to cut the leafy crap off of the outside. It would make a helluva racket in the wind.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:06 PM
Pintail is my best good chum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixes View Post
I got so pissed off last year with folding one in the rain that by the time all was said and done, I had twisted it up and purposely broke every rod that went through the blind. I had it folded in an L from stomping on the damn thing.

Everybody in the truck was laughing their asses off. I threw it in a dumpster and ended up ordering another kind
GT Willie saved mine or I would have mangled it too and burned it at Tin Top I hate that damn thing. It hasnt been back out since and that had to be 7 years ago or more.

And for everyone saying how easy it is, try it sitting down, in a chair, with NO use of your legs whatsoever and get back to me on how easy it is
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,
Old 05-24-2018, 03:55 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
GT Willie saved mine or I would have mangled it too and burned it at Tin Top I hate that damn thing. It hasnt been back out since and that had to be 7 years ago or more.

And for everyone saying how easy it is, try it sitting down, in a chair, with NO use of your legs whatsoever and get back to me on how easy it is
Now that could be difficult!!