The Outdoors Place  
THE PLACE Chat Room

Go Back   The Outdoors Place > Hunting > Lease
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2011, 09:00 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
I would bid $5.00 an acre and ask for keys to the house.
My potential club members want me to go in at $20.25 per acre. They want this place bad? Never been hunted and seen as many as 60 in fied at once
Old 09-01-2011, 09:02 PM
THE PLACE Member

you're out of your mind to bid over 20$ an acre for land in georgia that you cant hunt between 10 and 3....
Old 09-02-2011, 10:27 AM
Beer technician

I wouldn't give $2 an acre to hunt deer in GA.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:10 AM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator View Post
you're out of your mind to bid over 20$ an acre for land in georgia that you cant hunt between 10 and 3....

Your right
Talked it over with the guy going in it with me. I heard 3 folks have looked at THE PLACE and decided not to bid due to lack of access by rds in the back. Im going to bid on Tueday, but prolly $12 and change per acre. If Im too low so be it
Old 09-05-2011, 09:24 AM
Medicine Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssramage View Post
Holy chit dude! You better snatch that up! I have seen some STUD bucks out there and there are does all over THE PLACE!
You can tell the idiot's posting that have never lived in Milledgeville. It's very common to ride by that place and see 2-3 150+ class deer out there. The problem your going to run into Kevin is this... I spoke to Rusty Thompson on the phone Friday, he was asking me for John West phone number. I asked him why, and he said John was bidding on the O'conner place and he was bidding on it also and wanted to talk with him. I couldn't imagine they was going to allow hunting on it. The cops would sit in the Holiday Inn parking lot to keep folks from backing up traffic watching the dang deer.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Medicine Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post

Your right
Talked it over with the guy going in it with me. I heard 3 folks have looked at THE PLACE and decided not to bid due to lack of access by rds in the back. Im going to bid on Tueday, but prolly $12 and change per acre. If Im too low so be it
Kevin I'm gonna call you shortly..
Old 09-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Go dawgs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicine Man View Post
You can tell the idiot's posting that have never lived in Milledgeville. It's very common to ride by that place and see 2-3 150+ class deer out there. The problem your going to run into Kevin is this... I spoke to Rusty Thompson on the phone Friday, he was asking me for John West phone number. I asked him why, and he said John was bidding on the O'conner place and he was bidding on it also and wanted to talk with him. I couldn't imagine they was going to allow hunting on it. The cops would sit in the Holiday Inn parking lot to keep folks from backing up traffic watching the dang deer.
Is this the same Rusty that coon hunted?
Old 09-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Medicine Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow3 View Post
Is this the same Rusty that coon hunted?
Naw, Rusty Thompson that's over the Engineering Department for Georgia Power. All his family is from Statesbore/Jesup. His dad is a pharmacist. He lives in Statesboro now where he was raised. He's a bow hunter and goes on those Black Beard hunts. He does have 500 acres of Georgia Power land over on the Sparta side of the lake though.

Like we talked about on the phone Kevin if you can get that property you can't go wrong. JMO.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:26 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicine Man View Post
Naw, Rusty Thompson that's over the Engineering Department for Georgia Power. All his family is from Statesbore/Jesup. His dad is a pharmacist. He lives in Statesboro now where he was raised. He's a bow hunter and goes on those Black Beard hunts. He does have 500 acres of Georgia Power land over on the Sparta side of the lake though.

Like we talked about on the phone Kevin if you can get that property you can't go wrong. JMO.
Its a awesome place no doubt but I spent most of my available funds getting in Bruz's club tis season. Im bidding on it but I just cant afford to pay the kinda money those guys you mentioned might. Midwest land is worth maybe 20 an acre but I just have a hard time paying it in Ga. Im not even sure I can get enough folks willing to help me pay the dues now on such short notice. Money is tight for most folks. I spoke with a friend today who has 10000 acres plus all over Ga. Most he is getting is 13 an acre in SW Ga.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:31 PM
I'd rather be hunting

You cant even ride by the yellow river game ranch and see 2 or 3 150" deer much less a pasture in Milledgeville. You are a tard lol
Old 09-05-2011, 07:46 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Farr View Post
You cant even ride by the yellow river game ranch and see 2 or 3 150" deer much less a pasture in Milledgeville. You are a tard lol
I think Medicinemans 150 is more like 115 I hunt next door to that place now and largest I have taken is 125. Took me 14 years to get one that big
Old 09-05-2011, 08:11 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
Its a awesome place no doubt but I spent most of my available funds getting in Bruz's club tis season. Im bidding on it but I just cant afford to pay the kinda money those guys you mentioned might. Midwest land is worth maybe 20 an acre but I just have a hard time paying it in Ga. Im not even sure I can get enough folks willing to help me pay the dues now on such short notice. Money is tight for most folks. I spoke with a friend today who has 10000 acres plus all over Ga. Most he is getting is 13 an acre in SW Ga.
That would be my issue. I'd love to get in on that lease but with it being so close to season, most of my money is tied up in THE PLACEs I already have.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:49 PM
THE PLACE Member

Those dang poaching college kids I hear shot several of the bucks I was hunting with guns from their back porch. Landowner said no hunting and they dropped the house. They were there to poach deer and that was it.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:54 PM
THE PLACE Member

It just depends on how crazy your are. eff it bid $25
Old 09-05-2011, 09:03 PM
THE PLACE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KH View Post
It just depends on how crazy your are. eff it bid $25
20 would be 7000 and I only have 1 person soo far to go in it with me. No way I'm forking out 3500 for a Ga deer