View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 04:49 PM
Pintail is my best good chum

Default "Competition homes only"

Not that Im in the market at this very minute for another Lab pup but day will come in the next 5 years so Im trying to start putting back a little $$$ for a good pup and at least 5-6 months training or so. Simply put, Allie is getting up close to her senior years and I cannot imagine life without a good retriever in it.

Im taking it that "competition homes only" means because I dont do hunt tests or field trials and dont even get to hunt a whole lot, I got to settle for a backyard bred mutt with no health certs again?

I understand people not wanting their prized pups from a Grand Champion being fat ass couch dogs that wont fetch a biscuit but will people that breed healthy pups really not sale one to someone like me that is looking for a good dual purpose dog that knows service work and retrieving work?

Surely with everyone I know in the dog business, I will be able to find a decent Lab pup when time comes?
"I've been working here for 44 years. Ain't nobody ever ordered nothing but a T-Bone steak and baked potato. Except one time, this @sshole from New York ordered a trout, back in 1987. We ain't got no g**d*mned trout".,

Last edited by Gimp : 01-18-2017 at 04:57 PM.