The Outdoors Place

The Outdoors Place (http://www.theoutdoorsplace.net/index.php)
-   Shooting The Bull (http://www.theoutdoorsplace.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   I guess go big or go home (http://www.theoutdoorsplace.net/showthread.php?t=75738)

Sixes 07-22-2018 03:58 PM

I guess go big or go home

I received a text, an email and multiple calls from Chase today about the possibility of a fraudulent charge on my credit card .

Someone tried to hit it on a charge for $9286.57.

I guess if you are going to commit fraud, you might as well buy something nice:lolhammer:

jb 07-22-2018 04:32 PM

Screw it....might as well

Quickdraw 07-22-2018 05:57 PM

Wow! Any ideas how they got your card info?

Sixes 07-22-2018 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quickdraw (Post 1123238)
Wow! Any ideas how they got your card info?

Have no idea, not even sure the last time that I even used the card. I had to hunt around to find it.

Timber Cruiser 07-23-2018 06:48 AM

Whoever got mine tried to buy a song on iTunes. A ****ing song. I thought the same thing. Go big or go home.

georgiaboy 07-23-2018 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timber Cruiser (Post 1123244)
Whoever got mine tried to buy a song on iTunes. A ****ing song. I thought the same thing. Go big or go home.

Tells you a lot about someone who’s risk a felony for $1.29 :D

Ol' Red 07-24-2018 05:41 AM

Some phuck bag got mine and ran up a $2000+ tab. He/she shipped the items to me though somehow. Box of shoes and clothes showed up at my office yesterday. All wrong sizes, lol.

Red

Gimp 07-24-2018 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timber Cruiser (Post 1123244)

They did that in order to make sure the card was good. They generally hit it for a much higher amount shortly after. My card was compromised for almost 100.00 in Itunes purchases. I havent owned an apple product in years :butchert:

georgiaboy 07-24-2018 09:26 AM

I had a small charge in Dubai and then a $10,000+ room charge shortly after. Someone must have had a heck of a night!

Gimp 07-24-2018 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgiaboy (Post 1123268)
and then a $10,000+ room charge shortly after. Someone must have had a heck of a night!

Sounds like something out of the movie Hangover :lolhammer:

Fatboy 07-24-2018 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gimp (Post 1123266)
They did that in order to make sure the card was good. They generally hit it for a much higher amount shortly after. My card was compromised for almost 100.00 in Itunes purchases. I havent owned an apple product in years :butchert:

A lot of them will go to Wal Mart and buy gift cards. Once he gift card is purchased they basically have cash. Had that happen on one card a few years ago. Most of it over around West Point.

Had a waitress steal mine once and rack up $500 in 2 hours at stores around the area. I tracked down all the information and presented it to the detective when he came to my office. They arrested her within the week, but she only got probation and had to pay restitution.

georgiaboy 07-24-2018 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatboy (Post 1123272)
A lot of them will go to Wal Mart and buy gift cards. Once he gift card is purchased they basically have cash. Had that happen on one card a few years ago. Most of it over around West Point.

Had a waitress steal mine once and rack up $500 in 2 hours at stores around the area. I tracked down all the information and presented it to the detective when he came to my office. They arrested her within the week, but she only got probation and had to pay restitution.

Restitution to the store owners or who? You shouldn’t have been charged by cc company once it was determined to be fraud right? My understanding is that credit card fraud is so rampant most departments will barely investigate it anymore. Don’t know if that is true though.

georgiaboy 07-24-2018 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gimp (Post 1123269)
Sounds like something out of the movie Hangover :lolhammer:

Lol it probably was. They didn’t invite me :D

Sixes 07-24-2018 09:04 PM

A coworker lost his company card one day and realized it within an hour or so and notified the company. The card had already been found by some kid at Reinhardt college and he had already ordered a new Apple laptop and desktop. He got busted

Fatboy 07-25-2018 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgiaboy (Post 1123275)
Restitution to the store owners or who? You shouldn’t have been charged by cc company once it was determined to be fraud right? My understanding is that credit card fraud is so rampant most departments will barely investigate it anymore. Don’t know if that is true though.

It was my debit card. My bank reimbursed the funds into my account the day I filed the claims. She paid to the money to the courts and they handled it from there.